Lead Infrastructure Developer
Full-time role in Wellington
We are looking for a talented and infrastructure savvy Developer to join our diverse and talented Product and Technology team to evolve our platform and help grow our DevOps culture.
What will you do?
You will play a lead role in supporting and growing our team and platform through:
- Creating, troubleshooting and tuning application server, cache and database test and production environments
- Automating infrastructure and application deployment and configuration pipelines.
- Work with the wider Technology team in exploring and defining our infrastructure roadmap to take full advantage of new and existing technologies such as containerisation and cloud platforms.
- Support connectivity and technical enablement of our growing partner and system ecosystem.
- Work with Product Teams to ensure high levels of system reliability and availability.
- Participate within Product teams to help design, develop existing and new functionality.
What will you bring?
- Deep sysadmin knowledge and experience with Linux (CentOS) and Java (Apache Tomcat) based systems.
- Java development experience using Spring.
- Solid computer networking and system connectivity skills.
- Proven ability to design secure systems and apply security best practices.
- Automation and scripting skills for infrastructure, build and deploy pipelines. Experience in using modern Git based source control systems, and continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
- Keen interest and proven ability in adopting container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge and experience of major Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to work within Agile development environments utilising kanban, and scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSeach, PostgreSQL or similar data platforms.
- Strong communication skills, in particular to coach and enable developers to manage infrastructure.