Full-time role in Wellington
We are looking to add a creative and technically minded Systems Architect to join our diverse and talented Product and Technology team to help define and shape our product and technology roadmap.
What will you do?
You will play a lead role in supporting and growing our team and platform through:
- Ensuring that our current and future system architecture has a consistent language and is clearly understood and communicated appropriately to the product team.
- Non-functional requirements such as availability, security, privacy and data retention are defined understood and met for all parts of our product.
- Evaluate and help select and tune the technology stack used by Product Teams.
- Work with integration partners and ecosystem to define, refine and mature our API so that is easy for customers to maximise their technology investment and provide quality integrations.
- Work with the Product and Technology teams in defining our product, platform and technology roadmap to meet customer requirements and delight users.
- Coach and lead Product teams in designing, enhancing existing and adding new functionality.
What will you bring?
- Java development experience and in particular using the Spring Framework.
- Proven ability to architect and evolve Java based systems at scale.
- Experience and ability to work with web based APIs to integrate systems securely and effectively.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills to workshop and communicate proposed technical solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis skills in particular non-functional requirements such as security.
- Working knowledge and experience of major Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to work within Agile development environments utilising kanban, and scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL or similar data platforms.
- Strong communication skills, in particular to coach and enable product managers and technical team members to define and evolve their architectures